Follow Us

martes, 21 de noviembre de 2017

My First Days in Granada



Holaaa :)

This is my first blog so I should start by telling you a bit about myself.
So my name is Meriem, I am 27 years old and I'm from Tunisia.



I met Carmen in Tunisia about 7 years ago and I told her in September 2016 that I want to go for EVS. So we started brainstorming and she welcome the idea. "Las Ninas Del Tul" applied for an EVS project for two people that is why I was able to go on EVS with my best friend Cheima.

We left from Tunisia on the 24th of October and we arrived to Madrid in the evening. Then we took a late ALSA bus to Granada and we arrived around 7 am on the 25th. Carmen came to pick us up from the bus station and she showed us a bit around Granada where we are going to live and took us for an early breakfast.






In the plane

In Madrid Airport

In the Bus to Granada


I remember the first question we were asking was "When is the sun gonna come up??" haha it's funny because in my country the sun is so strong from very early morning but in Granada it was a bit late.

We went home and arranged our luggage in our new home then again for lunch Nadia from our hosting NGO "Las Ninas Del Tul" and Nadia's little daughter Alya" came to pick us up for lunch where we were joined by Camen, Didi (volunteer from Bulgaria) & Luca (volunteer from Hungary),

And since we didn't want to rest and wanted to make the best of our first day in Granada, we later on went with Nadia to a tourism office to grab some maps and info about Granada, she helped us buy some groceries and showed a good place for drinking coffee then we went to Espacio Joven where Didi and Luca were and which is the place where we receive and inform the youth who comes to inquire about EVS.

in Espacio Joven

We also had breakfast in our lovely garden as the weather was very hot and sunny.



Nadia prepared for us maps to explore the city and it was really fun. We fell in love with the charm of Granada.







We also run into the girls (Didi & Luca) by chance while exploring Granada.















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario