Follow Us

martes, 19 de enero de 2016

Are you crazy? First step to adventure



When I was a student I regret, that I wasn't be on Erasmus to look and feel, how young people from other countries live, study, have fun and so on. When I was ending my studies I heard about EVS. That it is possible to come to the other country, get to know new people, culture, learn language, working, get some experience and wonderfull adventure as well. But, when I finally graduated my studies I heard from everywhere: you have to find a job, start make your career, get married, born a child and live like a NORMAL person, like responsible adult. Your time for learning, play, dreaming, adventure is over now, you should grow up. I thought – ok, but what will be next? If I will find a job, get married, born a child – what could be my next step? Noone could answered me. And when one of my friend after graduated went on EVS to Romania I asked her: are you totally crazy? She was and still is.


I really tried to get used to live like a normal, responsible adult person. It least me two years, when I realized that there is no just one way which people should step by. Even if we think, that we exactly know what we want and plan very carefully each our step, there will be always something unexpectable. And then we asked: what? Why did it happen? I had not planing this. And then, every moment of my life, return this same question to my mind: is that really this, what you want to do and is that really life, which you want to live for ever? FOR EVER! Can you imagine this? So, my answer was: no. 


And then, it comes totally mess in your mind. If not this, so what? And then, you start to focus on this, what you really care about. What it is: money, career, fame, family, adventure...? And you start to think: what if. What if I will quit my job, leave my city, loose my friend... What will happen? First answer is: I will surelly die – but you won't. When you realized, that you are still alive, you start to let yourself to be a dreamer with cheerfull, childish hope, that everything is possible.






My EVS started by accident. One day, I've just reading advertisement and I red that there is a fundation for children in Granada which is exactly children city, which is their home, where they can learn, play, eat, sleep, where somebody take care about them. And I was really keen on this idea and thought that it is important: to create real home for person, who have problems in their own, to give them care, love, hope and possibility of better life. And, what is more, it is Granada – beautiful historical,multicultural place, situated inside Sierra Nevada mountains. About which it is said that: if you didn't see Granada, you didn't see nothing; where you can skiing on snowy mountains and go down on sunny beach Costa del Sol. A miracle. And Spain, Andalusia, flamenco, tapas, corrida – totally different life that i used to live. So, I applied.

Then, everything happened so quickly. I had a birthday – it was good moment to change something. So, one day I've just quited my few jobs and went on trip to Barcelona, which looks like a city from fairy tail. And, when I came back to freeze Poland, where I already had no job, no plans, almost each day less friends, because they left abroad looking for better job and life condition I thought – here, it is totally not a fairy tail, it is a horror. But, when I was finally at home, checking my e-mail, I saw a massage – 'we would like to confirm, that you can start your EVS in Granada, congratulations!' It was one week before Christmas. Three weeks after I am here - in Granada, starting my new life.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario