Follow Us

domingo, 11 de junio de 2017

First days in June



Summer is coming... :D

Last week we had several smaller tasks. We wrote to the blog and started preparing for the Hungarian lesson. In July, 15 Spanish youngsters will travel to Kaposvár for a short-term EVS. Before that, we have some preparation for them, which includes some language training.

Calle Gran Via de Colon
On Wednesday, Nadia asked what we need to do in the afternoon, because she had some trouble and hoped to solve it without us, but if she didn't, maybe she need us to help. It turned out that we should attended to Alia for one hour. First of all, that was huuuuhaaa, care about Alia withouth Nadia?! :D ... because sometimes Alia can be very spry, which is not really an expression of what she sometimes does in the pram when she can not get out and just wait for something. But I really like her when she feels free and is funny, sings, dances. We were at home now and she was really relaxing after sleeping in the afternoon. We watched Micky Mouse, with I learned in Spanish, too. Then when Alia's dad came home we went home, because at 2 o'clock at night we had to take the bus to Lorca.



Carmen said on Sunday that there will be a training day in Lorca about the non-formal education and she try to ask if we can go with Didi, too.  Dani just came home from Greece, from Crete, he went to Lorca Wednesday night, but we decided with Didi go at night by bus with Carmen. We had to be ready for 2, so it was about 3 hours to sleep. We also tried to rest on the bus, and we stayed two more hours in the hotel and sat down, but it didn't replace the missed hours.



Most of the day was in Spanish, which proved to be the most difficult this time. I suspect that not so much sleeping was also a reason... There was a part in English, so I understood more. Of course I tried to concentrate on the Spanish too. It was very interesting, as far as I could catch the words. During the lunch break, we also met EVS volunteers there. On our way home, we also spoke about the programs in June and July. In July we will have less free days. We will start with a youth exchange that we almost immediately will go to the Mid-term training, and then come home from there, we will continue the camp life in Illora at the Parapanda Folk Festival. Of course, we will have more holidays in August, so we have the opportunity to travel and visit Andalusia.



On Friday evening we did the Asesoría without Nadia, because she needed to go to the University. There was a boy who we knew, but we tried to tell every new info. If the people don't come we try to spend our time useful. Nadia teach us a lot about Spanish culture, sometimes we practiced Spanish, and this time we again spoke about why we applied to be a volunteer. Then somehow the euro, the forint and leva topic came into question. It was very interesting. We showed coins to each other. After the kg, dkg, g question.... It was a great surprise for both of us, because for example in the supermarket we say: I would like to buy 10 dkg cut , in Bulgaria the gram is used in almost every case.

Concert at the Alhambra
Didi said, that Julia heard, that it will be a concert at Alhambra. Classical music. I asked Julia what exactly is this. At half past 8 we finished the Asesoría and because the concert was free, I said why not ... Well, I've been running to the Alhambra.It was like a gym :D At the entrance to the Alcazaba I sat down. Unfortunately, the concert was short but really cozy.  Now the trees are flowering and the smell is something amazing for me. I love it. I still walked a little, then went home. Didi didn't come with me because he needed to pack her luggage. For a couple of days she traveled with her boyfriend to Portugal.


On Monday I also relaxed a little in the afternoon and enjoyed the tranquility of Carmen de los Mártires. Beautiful views, palm trees, peafowls, shady resting places. Not so much people. We were there, during the gymkhana in our first weeks. But that time it was closed, so now it was a great pleasure to take a breath there.

Peafowl in Carmen de los Mártires
On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with Sara we went to he faculties of University of Granada. We gave flyers for the students. It is the exam period now, so maybe it wasn't the best time, but we tried. And for example in the Faculty of Psychology the people were more interested. They were the ones who actually read what is written on the paper, not just put it in one's pocket. Of course I know, it is not the most important thing before the big exams, but there is a little information pack in their pockets and maybe later they will find again this little papers and will be interested in it. It was very good and funny. It was a good exercise to improve myself. Speak with unknown people, try to say some information in Spanish. Even I will come back to the school at home for half a year, which will be exactly practice in the hospitals, it as really nostalgic to be there. Of course we ate tapas in the university's canteen.

Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
Then I talked with Kata (my friend from the University) on skype. Last week they passed their last exams on the university, they became physiotherapist. It was very strange and exciting to hear about the final exams. Although I had some thoughts that maybe I don't want to finish this school, they were gone and I would like to get my diploma in every case. Then what will happen...
We will see it: D But I'm so happy to be able to take this break n my studies. Although we had our practical classes, our practice in the hospitals, and not always just sitting in the school desk, this kind of experiential learning that is happening here is amazing for me. I known before this part of me which is improving now, but till now it wasn't enough opportunity to develop this skills.
Of course I told information about the EVS to Kata and some of my class-mates have been interested in what I am doing and how they can take part in this program. I'm always happy to tell them, and if they're not going now, they're getting closer with the first step to start this fantastic adventure.



One of the days I went to shopping. I wanted to buy shoes, propolis, sunglasses and other little things. I also needed a special cream from the pharmacy for my face. I managed it in Spanish. It was pleasure to understand the seller and buy the right product. Sara is one of the best aidant to learn more and more. I also started using again the online platform, but, of course, completely different when we are practicing with Sara. On Wednesdays, for example, we learned the cloths in a café. It was funny how people looked at us while trying to say the name of the garments with the best possible pronunciation ...: D



This week, the Cines del Sur film festival was organized in Granada. With Tilda and Harrie we chose "You mean the world to me" for Tuesday night. It was a good decision. He was also the director of the film, who answered the audience's questions at the end of the showing. It was a touching and food for thought movie. Then we wanted to eat Chinese food with Tilda, so we started a great search, but somehow we went to the  Calle Elvira. And of course had tapas,tapas, tapas there : D


More pictures:

The night, when I wanted to go to the bed early but I heard music from the street. It was too loud to be a lullaby, so I decided to go down and check :D 

I thought t is again Semana Santa... :D








My teddy story ... We had a dog this week. When I left home, I didn't close my door and when I came back it was on the desk. My first thought was that what a casual Julia had a same teddy, and in two seconds I realized that it was mine, only the dog gave a little bit of love for her. I can't say that I wasn't a little bit sad to see her, but I think Julia was more sorry than me. Of course, it is not so good to look at it now, but my happiness can't depend on it: D I don't even have to mention that I washed it, and I completely forgot it on the sun... but of course it was completely my fault...  Well, a little creativity and wet will make her a new face and she will be my bronzed, cute, Spanish teddy bear : D

With this amazing avocado pasta and mixed salad I celebrated . Compared to last year,  when a spoonful of soup barely went down my throat, now the pleasure of discovering the fantastic world of flavors again :)


And here is a link for my best motivation music from Hungary. The main sentence it is like: "Start to live!" :) I hope you will enjoy this song without any Hungarian knowledge, too. :)















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario