Follow Us

viernes, 13 de octubre de 2017

Trip in Andalusia and Lisbon (August)



Sevilla


I'm not sure I've been chosen the best month. The warm has not been below since our trip to Córdoba. Finally, the time was favorable for Tarifa, Cádiz and Lisbon. In Sevilla was again hot.


We knew earlier that in August, after July, we will have time to take a trip around the area. So I had ideas where to go, but the real planning was still waiting for me. Finally, it became clear and Tarifa, Cadiz, Lisbon and Seville had my choice. Because no one could came with me, I was alone on the road. Not a little fear, but curiosity helped me to start. For the first time in my life, I booked for myself hostels, which is not big deal, but I was still happy to see that is working. : D For a long time, I was thinking of trying Couchsurfing, but in the end I thought it is enough to travel alone, so I decided to make it sure and book hostels. So I traveled with Bla Bla Car and this decision was really nice. As for the accommodations, everything went well. Of course there are things I would certainly do differently when I go next time. Let's see how was my adventure :)

Tarifa: Small town in the province of Cádiz,Andalusia, on the southernmost coast of mainland Spain


So I went to Tarifa by Bla Bla. The road was very cheerful and cozy. In Malaga, a girl from Italy joined us, with whom we had a common voice from the first moment. I booked accommodation in the downtown area of Tarifa. In a hostel. 8 beds in one room. It has the advantages and disadvantages, but I immediately met its advantage. I met a nice German girl with whom we went to the beach. She came from a work camp and spent a few days in Spain. Later the Italian girl also joined to us and spent the afternoon together. I would have been a little bit alone, but I felt so good with them. I made a 'lonely' walk on the beach. It was very gratifying. Then we sat in the bar next to the beach.
Boquerones, sangria, sunset .... More than enough... :)

Later, we met again and although I mostly wanted to relax, we finally spend a nice Tarifa night.We had a dinner in a super place. On the way to Tarifa, one of the passengers recommended the place and said, if we were to go there, say, welcome to the people there. He known them. Of course we did not forget to mention it and we had a funny evening :)
Really night life in Tarifa. Little streets with a lot of bar and lot of people. Then, at around 2 o'clock, bars close and the people go to a nightclub. I did not go with the girls there. I decided to rest. But I enjoyed the evening with them.

The next day I went to Gibraltar...

I already know that it is a good idea to take a lock for this type of accommodation, just for safety. Or if I go back to Tarifa again, then I would definitely spend my time in the camping and look for accommodation there. I would be take surfing lessons or I would go riding  horse. And of course a really good shoes are necessary. I'm sure I'll do this tour again.












Tarifa beach
I have to say, however beautiful and good is the sandy beach, when the sands are  everywhere is not the best, but something for something.

'Nekem a Balaton a Riviéra ...' And really: D
(This is a Hungarian song: 'For me Lake Balaton is the Riviera')








2. Gibraltar: I went to Great Britain and saw Africa

From Tarifa I went to Gibraltar by bus. The trip was very pleasant, about 1 hour ... I enjoyed traveling alone and tried to not worry about the next days. And I still had a little excited fear. Then I wondered how much luck I have to do this trip: I have a certain amount of money to spend, place where I can sleep, wherever I can go for help, not like those who start 'traveling' just nowadays, because of other reasons and not for fun, like me.

When I arrived, I bought the ticket back and then I started my Gibraltar afternoon. I arrived in La Línea de la Concepción and from there I went to Gibraltar on foot. I needed to show my passport: D It was very funny and interesting. Then I asked for a map and they help me where can I find the most important parts. I decided not to use bus and visit this touristic place on foot. The giant rock, of course you can see from far away, but when you see it closer, it's actually beautiful. I planned to go up with a cable car, but there was a long line that I didn't want to wait and standing on the sun. It was a hot day. Somehow I felt is just waist of time if I am standing there. The lady told me at the information desk if I didn't go up, still I can walk around at the end of the cliff, and not from the top, but have a nice view. As I was not wearing the best shoes I didn't climb it and also was a bus option to go up but,  I didn't like the way they explained bad things aout cable car and try to find people there to go with them by bus...  So I decided not give my money for them and just walk around :)

So walking, relax.... Well, that was so calmy, that Life decided to make it a little bit more exciting ... Why I haven't got pictures of that day ??? Well, because I left my dear phone ... And that was not an old phone... Probably when I was walking and after I took a picture about a nice place I put it near me with the map after I checked where I would like to go. Then I walked some meters and I realized that  I needed my map. I went back and the map was there. And even for a moment I wondered if my phone was not there whit it, but somehow I didn't check it that moment.  It was not a problem until I wanted to make another nice photo and didn't find my phone. I could not cry, just say that this is not possible ... I was in the middle of the day and I didn't want to spend the rest of the time to search my phone and I couldn't imagine how I would solve the next days without it ... I was close to the police so I asked if anything could be done or I can forgot it. I went back to see if there is or not where I supposed to leave, then unfortunately I had to go back to the police because I didn't find it. A nice gentleman took my information there. It was quite funny as I asked back again and again what he say because he was talking to me with really nice English as it is his native language. : D
After all this, I was tired, but I tried still enjoy the day ...  Of course I enjoyed it and it was very interesting to see the coasts of Africa. But somehow this phone lost thing was in my mind.
Although it was really good to be without it from other aspects. Just use a real map and ask people on the street what time is it and where is this or this... : D

In the end of the day I went back by bus to La Línea and from there also by bus to Tarifa.

When I arrived at Tarifa, fortunately I was able to use a computer in the hostel and write to Dani to forbiddance my  Spanish SIM card and also I write to home because my Hungarian SIM was also inside. There were many beautiful photos. Although fortunately, I had already saved them before the trip. I was thinking to cut my trip and go back to Granada and go around there. But I am thankful for my mother's advice I finally continue my trip. Dani was also very helpful and the guys in the hostel explained to me where I can get some cheap mobile in the city.

So I went to Vodafone. Smart phone with SIM card and also with mobile net... Not bad, and the price was also oke. And then I decided not to use so much my phone, but I used the mobile phone only when I needed it. Of course I took pictures. And I left the google map (except for one-two times, mostly in Lisbon) and use real map, which I felt much more comfortable and funny that I expected.

Even the last day I walked back to the beach. Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean :) This small town was interesting. Next time, as I wrote it I would stay in the camping.

And my trip continue with one of my best city: CÁDIZ


3.Cádiz:

I went by bus to Cádiz. My accommodation was very close to the station. I also stayed in room with 6 beds. At the beginning, there was a man who seemed a little bit curmudgeon and I didn't know what to expect, so one day I started to speak with him so I found out he is really not what he looks like. He came from Italy. I also spoke with a girl from Marrakesh (With whom one night we had a good time. she visited a lot of places and one of her favorite parts is the Balkan, and then reminded us of how easy for us to travelling in Europe Union... Not need visa....And also she said that it takes more time to travel in Afrika from A to B...), I met German boys and a French woman.The accommodation was great to make new relationships. 

I loved Cádiz. Really one of my favorite in Andalusia. I would stay there more time, but I had a plan and I needed to move. But next time maybe I will just listen my heart and stay at one place more or less time... Depends my feelings.
I was in Cadiz when I heard what happened in Barcelona. It was a little hard to start that morning, but it started the sightseeing and traveling further.

My three day there:


Beautiful sunset
Unpayable




Elderly people playing card 
Super mood


Night lights


Cathedral



Morning at the market


A lot of fish on the desks


Cathedral, sunshine





Way to Playa de Caleta


Genoves Park




This tree is gave me strong, even if I just see the picture. It was amazing to see it there.



Dinner time :D



Sunset
In that night it was with music and in the end when the sun went dawn and we couldn't see anymore we clapped our hands and I was grateful for that day.


One evening was a flamenco show/performance, but unfortunately I didn't know about it. I just went that direction random and I saw that something happening inside. I just arrived when they finished it... :(



Plaza de España



Castillo de Santa Catalina
I wanted to enter two times but it was closed because of technical reasons.


Road to Castillo de San Sebastian
Although it is not exactly visible in the picture, but the young people jumped from the top
This would be a little dangerous in the evening, as it was already low water ...



Playa De La Cortadura
Surfing lesson started.
Next time I will try also this sport.


There where also a resting place for people with disabilities.
Whit that car they could move also near to the water


By by Cádiz



4. Lisbon

I went by bus to Sevilla on 20 of August. After a short afternoon at the Plaza de Armas. I went to Lisbon with Bla Bla Car with a Spanish and two Portuguese girls. It was interesting. Anyway, the time went very fast and we arrived hipp-hopp to Lisbon. Where is 1 hour less. I did not know this before. :D We had a nice conversation with the Spanish girls. The Portuguese girls were more distanced. We're sharing a car, but that's all. But we had a very comfortable trip. When I arrived in Lisbon, the Spanish girl immediately helped me navigate to the metro and I had taken the direction towards the hostel. When I got out of the metro, I started go in the wrong direction, but questioning on the street always helps, so I found the place. My accommodation was not so far from the center. 16 beds in a room, but everything was oke. On the first night I got to know a very nice  girl from Casablanca who was traveling with her friends.

Lisbon, as small as a town, seemed so big. Although I like walking, I decided to use Hop-on Hop- off bus.  I got down, got off and take a walk, look around. 
But somehow, life energy is not as in Spain: D

I started the morning with Pasteis de Nata. Always :D I love it. One of my best delicious desert :D

So I spend the first day in Lisbon, the second to visit Sintra and Cabo da Roca, and the third day in Cascais.

One of the most agredable and wonderful memories of the trip is that I met Barbi and her family (They are family friends since a long time). We had dinner together and I slept one night in their home. Cute family and Laura (their child) are also really sweet. I am so thankful for their hospitality. Great time together and we forgot to take a picture... But the next time for sure : D



Pasteis de Nata


Praca do Comércio



Arco Triunfal da Rua Augusta




25th of April Bridge
And even on my picture you can not see in the other side (Almada) is the Christ Statuer: Cristo-Rei 


Jardim da Praca do Imperio és Mosteiro dos Jerónimos




Torre de Belém 




Padrao dos Descobrimentos



Alfama - Miradouro de Santo Estevao



Of course I didn't miss the Lisbon Cathedral (Sé de Lisboa), Santa Justa Lift (Elevador de Santa Justa) and Jardim de Estrela.




The evening meeting-point with Barbi's family.
Barbi's husband is Spanish and it was really interesting to meet with him and his parents. I could communicate a little bit with them. Specially at the morning when I staid in their house and they were also there at that time.
In the kindergarten Laura is speaking Portuguese. At home Spanish, Hungarian and because the parents speaking in English , also she is learning English. Cool :D

Here, at the Time-Out Market we had a great dinner together and after we took a walk. :)



Our dinner was like this, in the picture: Bacalhau á Brás
Amazing...


5. Sintra

From Lisbon I traveled by train to Sintra. This place I loved it also. Romantic architectural monuments. Finally, I spent the afternoon visiting Quinta da Regaleira.
When I arrived to Sintra, first I went to the info center, where I took a map. The different castles are connected by a super bus road. Finally, I started to discover the city on foot.
I wondered if I would visit the miracle  Palácio Nacional da Pena, but in the end I made tour to Cabo de Roca that day. It was an amazing decision.






Far far away: Paláció Nacional Da Pena


Quinta da Regaleira


Cave systems



Poco Iniciático
From up to down...


... from down to up.



Desert of Sintra: Travesseiro de Sintra
I bought one from the famous Casa Pririquita.


6. Cabo da Roca

I went by bus from Sintra.
Amazing place. Bt you can not spend there more than 1 hour, because of the wind...



The westernmost extent of mainland Portugal and continental Europe (and by definition the Eurasain landmass).






When the bird started to fly the sun started to be hidden by the clouds.

The weather was also cold a little bit at that time. But fortunately we didn't need to wait so much for the bus. I went back to Sintra and from there by train to Lisbon.

On that evening I slept at Barbi. It was nice to speak with her (and the family) a little bit and get to know more Laura :D

And the next day, next destination: Cascais


7.Cascais

I also traveled by train here. I bought a ticket that I could get off on the various beaches on the way, but eventually I missed Carcavelos wich was recommended by Barbi. So this will be the next time :)

I walked a lot there and make little brakes. :)

It was a musical event in the city so there was a festival atmosphere in the center. I waited for the sunset on the beach, and then I listened to Portuguese songs, and then I took the train back to Lisbon.







Boca do Inferno


I gave for myself a dinner :D
It was so delicious. :)

8. Again in Lisbon

On the last day, around noon, I checked out of the accommodation and went to Oriente station. I put my luggage in then left-luggage office. I already had my ticket or the bus, so I was not nervous because of it.. I planned to visit the Aquarium that day, as it was very close to the station. It was nice. I tried to read, look everything and walk slowly. It was an interesting afternoon.



 Oceanário de Lisboa







This last picture was made in a really special part of the exhibition. It was a temporary part. 
I was just sitting there at least a half an hour. Nice music, relax.



After the great afternoon, back to the station. I had enough time to find out from where my bus will go, but it was not that easy. As it was an international bus, I had to go there two hours before to the office. I walked around the station for 2 times ... But I didn't find... I asked finally and it was an other part of the station, what you can not see because of the buses.... And nowhere draws to show the way.  No sign, nothing. I found it after of course. Everything went well, then I had about one hour and a half to wait ... I just walked around.

The bus to Sevilla was very fast and although I thought I would sleep, well with a night bus, I didn't sleep so much ...

We arrived in Seville two hours earlier, so I stayed at the station ... Harri and Tilda joined me there, but until they arrived I was at least 6 hours ... : D So, from 5 to 9 am at the station where I had a conversation with the security guard. Of course, in Spanish. :D 

And it was really a good to be in Span again. Of course, I would like to go back to Lisbon and explore other parts of Portugal.


9. Sevilla

Around 9 I started to go around and I had a breakfast: Tostada con tomate y jamón y zumo de naranja :)

After Harri arrived,  we had a breakfast was again. Tilda came later, so we started exploring the city. Sevilla is beautiful. Really Spanish: D
Interesting how you can make differences between the Andalusian cities. One calls you for friendship, the other for relax on the beach, and the third one is about pomp.

Thanks to Tilda we staid at EVS volunteer's house for a night.
We planed to spent two night there, but eventually I came back to Granada the second day. On the first Seville day, both of my shin started to be red and itched. I waited waited, but then I went to the  pharmacy. There they said sunallergy and I got antihistamines and Fenistil. I didn't really want to take this antihistaminic stuff but eventually I tell for myself if this helps the problem I take it... Helped me. But I decided to go home the next day. I did a big trip and I wanted to be again in Granada and feel the atmosphere here.  Harri and Tilda went to Córdoba the next day, and because I was there with Didi, I didn't mind leave that day.

Pictures from Sevilla:


Plaza de Espana - Cádiz


Plaza de Espana - Granada


Of course we didn't miss to go around by boat. It was so funny.


Frescooooo :D


Plaza de toros de la Real Maestranza de Caballería de Sevilla
I still can not understand what joy it is the bullfighting .... Anyway, it was interesting to visit the exhibition and see the Plaza de toros inside, to know a bit more and to enter the arena.




Walk around :)
Not bad car :D






Surprise picture for Harri


Good by Sevilla
Good by challenge of August


All in all, it was a great adventure to discover Andalusia and Lisbon. The solo trip and travelling together has the advantages and disadvantages. I'm sure I will go on my own, but I also like to go to discover the world with others: D




Once a year, go someplace you've never been before. Dalai Lama












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario