Follow Us

jueves, 24 de enero de 2019

Trip to Porto, Barcelona and Madrid


Eventually I start to travel around where I live =)

One of my best friends lives in Porto, Portugal. I really missed her! She is doing a short term EVS there for 2 months. We started thinking about having a nice trip to Barcelona, Madrid and have a New Year’s Eve party in Granada. When she found one flight ticket for a good price from Porto to Barcelona, I decided to go to Porto first.


“Wet, smell of dampness and clouds”, I can define Porto with these three words =D. The city of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, I often felt as if I was in the movie. JK Rowling had garnered many things from this city. When I arrived, I was thinking that the time was 06:10 a.m. for Portugal, because there is 1 hour difference between Portugal and Spain. I was on the phone with my friend to tell that I arrived 15 minutes earlier. Suddenly, my friend said that the time was 05:10 because the ticket had the Spanish time printed on it. So now I understand very well how Spain has the same time with Germany =) My coordinator already talked about it.


The flight to Barcelona is “wowww”. It was the first time in my life that I shared a trip with one of my best friends outside my own country. We walked everywhere in the city because we had little money for this trip. We had a night with two bottles of wines to have chat as well, just like used to in Turkey.

EVS is such an amazing program, I have so many friends in Madrid and one of them accepted us as guests in her home. We only spent one night there. I cooked for 5 people who are Turkish and one Russian. We had an amazing chat together. Imagine that you have a good dinner and time at
home but in other country.


Returning to Granada, after 9 days, I felt like I arrived home. I also had a guest in my home ‘till New Year’s Eve….






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario