Follow Us

miércoles, 22 de mayo de 2019

Almería Activities - Marci


Seems like the last month was full of instances that I went to the coast for some reason... Until April, I've only been to Malaga on the Andalusian coast and now I've suddenly added Almuñécar, Almería and Nerja as well, in about one month. I know, I know, that's not a terrible problem to have!


But, the trip to Almería a few weeks ago was actually a serious activity. Sara and I travelled there to hold a presentation to a group of young people about Erasmus+ opportunities as well as a separate workshop to their teachers, who wanted to know more about the program in general and especially about the Erasmus+ internship program and how to best search for partner organizations. When I say Sara and I held the presentation, I basically mean that Sara did the presentation, while I said a few words in my Tarzan-Spanish and then I continued to take pictures.



The event was held as part of the activities around Europe Day by Almería's local government and I thought it was awesome how much work and resources they dedicated to celebrate this day and turn it into something useful - this certainly wouldn't be the case back home in Hungary.



After the event, Sara and I spent a bit of time exploring the city, going up to the Alcazaba (the fortress) which was very interesting. You could see the whole city from there, along with the port and the arid landscape surrounding the city. Sadly, we couldn't really explore much more, because I had a pretty badly injured knee at the time, so I was just hobbling around slowly... So instead, we got an earlier bus back to Granada.


The busride itself was also interesting, because first Almería is surrounded by all these greenhouses, where a lot of fruit and vegetables are grown. Once we left that area, it was straight into a desert environment where actually a lot of Western movies were shot back in the day! I can definitely see why they chose it as a location, it seemed very much like the Wild West out there...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario