Follow Us

jueves, 1 de noviembre de 2018

Classic Car Show - Marci


As I went for a run on Sunday, I noticed a bunch of beautiful classic cars lined up around Paseo del Salón. Of course, I had to go back and investigate! Turns out there was an event from the 26th to the 28th of October called Ruta Reale, which is all about classic cars and classic outfits. For those who know me, it won't be a surprise that I was mostly interested in the cars!



There was a nice lineup of cars from mainly the 1930s to the 1950s, but there were some older and newer ones of course. I believe these cars were also taking part in some rally too.


Most people were of course interested in the oldest and fanciest of cars, but actually my three favorites were fairly young vehicles compared to the other ones. The first one was a beautiful red Mercedes SL.


The second is a funny one, since this was actually one of the organizers' cars, not part of the show, but I always love a classic Range Rover. It was funny to see this beat up old 4x4 parked among all the shiny, beautifully restored concourse cars.


Last, but not least, the car that was by far the most interesting to me: a Land Rover Santana Series II. It is a Land Rover, but it was actually built right here in Andalusia by a company called Santana. First, they were building exactly the same vehicles as Land Rover, but slowly they started developing their own versions. Eventually, the two companies separated and Santana developed it's own boxy 4x4 competitor to the famous Land Rover Defender. If you want to dive deeper into the story, check out the writeup that I did about the company's story on my blog.



It is always good to see old cars being preserved for future generations and I'm glad I accidentally found this event on the last day it was going on!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario