Follow Us

jueves, 14 de septiembre de 2017

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on it's wings. Always believe in yourself! (27.06. - 02.07)



First day on FEX: Viernes

I haven't been so excited so long time ago, like before in that evening. I knew what will be my ask but still... We think that it isn't a big deal to give the program books to the people (actually it is not but...) but I was still afraid  to how I will overcome the language barriers. The first day I went to Ayuntamiento. Fortunately, this is close to us and I knew the route. Always we needed to go one hour before the start of the program. A very nice lady was waiting for me. Finally my volunteer-mate, Alba García arrived and we spoke in Spanish. Even if what I've done can be called a conversation: D If I did not know something, we played activity or explain with some English words. : D
Evening program: Música Nordica para cuerdas y coro

Since you can not take a picture and video during a show, I'm trying to link the pictures of professional photographers or other links where you can find some information, video about the performance.



Sábado:

On Saturday morning I went to practice yoga at the Plaza de Las Pasiegas. It was the International Day of Yoga. Various types of yoga could be tried, totally free to join. I chose therapeutic yoga. It was a special morning.




FEX: Auditorium Manuel de Falla. This evening I was really smiling: D When I arrived our coordinator was kindly, we talked a few words, then my volunteer -mate, Jaime arrived. Then another lady came up to us, saying something in Spanish by the time I asked her, please say it again, because I didn't understand. Here, it turned out that I am not a native and she had the answer: AAA Ella es unica ... Well, then, this is good or not, but I got it positively. More and more people arrived.
Sunny weather, beautiful view, program distribution.



Razón Áurea EM
From this concert

When I was walking home I heard Balkan music. Plaza Nueva. There is always something happening. Amazing music. Then I asked them if the play in a club here. But that time they started their trip in other countries and they said that in September they will return to Granada and continue here.



Domingo:

Pre Departure Training: We had an event for the Spanish group (short-term EVS Kaposvár) in the morning. We started with some know - each -other games, and we continued with some logistic information. Then came my Hungary - Kaposvár - Compass presentation. (When I was prepare, I had a little homesick but a good one:  Budapest, Balaton, 'lángos', 'kürtöskalács' ... Although with my family we traveled a lot in Hungary, I discovered how many wonderful places are near Kaposvár,what I have never seen  yet!!! ) I think I did well and I enjoyed it so much: D
I've already mentioned some rules, such as alcohol drinking, smoking, which was later discussed again.
It was really interesting to speak about differences. For example, how we are talking (low of voice) and how the Spanish people talking loudly. So we reminded them that they should pay attention to it in Hungary, on the streets, as well as to pay attention to their neighbors in the house. The way to ask for the bill in the restaurant, usually you have to pay for use of the public toilet, that there is no siesta and some shops and bakeries open very early and that the general dinner is around 8 pm. It is very good to experience this differences and I am sure that it will be strange for me to go home and adapt again to the lifestyle of the home. Of course, we have also mentioned that although Kaposvár is abundant in festivals and cultural events, it is not to be expected that what is happening here in Granada, I think. Here is no day in the street or even during the evening that you can not listen street music and a week when they are not celebrating something. And here the celebration is really a celebration !!! Both cities have the advantages and disadvantages. :)





We had also a Skype conversation with Niki ( From Compass, she was their coordinator in Kaposvár). So they could ask him questions directly and learn more about the project and logistics stuffs)






FEX: In the evening, Quinta Alegre. This festival was also a little gymkhana for me. Be on time and find the place. Good challenge. But it was very useful. I got a little bit earlier than I should have been, so I waited. I also talked to a few spectators here as we waited for opening the gate. It is really interesting if you want to say something, even if you have a very basic vocabulary, it is still possible.
Not only during this night, but also during all the evenings, you feel how much smiling and love are meaning.  If we are smiling most of the time the answer is smiling. There are so much energy in this little movement that we should  practice more than once. Although this is not difficult here, as I wrote here somehow the 'enjoy the life feeling' comes from people. (Of course, this does not mean that every moment, but in general, the energy level is more up here for me). Love really has great power !!!!

Although this time they played together with young people: Robert Schumann Album of the Juventud, I found this on Youtube: Banda Municipal de Música de Granada









Lunes:

On Monday and Tuesday, we asked Dani for a days off to get some refresh. Ramadan ended on Monday so we went to La Ermita de San Miguel Alto in the morning with Nadia and after we ate churros for breakfasted together. Didi went to pick up her friend, Mihi to the bus stop and later they joined us again. They finally went to take a  lunch together where I didn't stay with them because in the evening I went to Generalife (Festival Música y Danza), so I wasn't sure I would have returned from lunch on time.







Festival Internacional Musica y Danza: On Monday night I went to the Generalife Open-air Theater. I asked Alba to go together because I wasn't in Generalife yet. Here I also gave program books with Marga and her son Miguel. Miguel was otherwise blind, but he did his job very well. It is praiseworthy that the organization has given him the opportunity to participate as a volunteer at the festival. Smiles, happy moments. The evening program is the Ballet of the Teatro di San Carlo de Nápoles. I'm incredibly lucky to have been there. As spectators take their seats, there is also a number of seats for us, so we can enjoy the performances. During the pause, of course, we have a tasks again. It is a happiness when I can say 'please do not smoke here,' but also 'forbidden to drink eat hear'. I needed to say in Spanish of course. Very good practice. And while they smile my pronunciation is a great pleasure when people understand me.

The second part: Ballet with Pink Floyd music. :))

Ps: One thing what I can not understand is why half of the audience start to go quickly after the performances ended and the others still clapping and the dancers are on the stage... :(

On the way home I went to eat a pizza where I finally met a volunteer, Nazario. We talked and as he lived also on calle Elvira we went together from the pizza place.

Links:
66 Festival de Granada: BALLET DEL TEATRO DI SAN CARLO DI NAPOLI (ONE OF THESE DAYS, PINK FLOYD)

Danza a ritmo de Pink Floyd en el Teatro del Generalife

66 Festival de Granada: BALLET DEL TEATRO DI SAN CARLO DI NAPOLI. PINK FLOYD -MONEY





Martes:
I repeated the first Hungarian class. So there were a couple of people who didn't have the first time. It was a familiar atmosphere again. Mihi also wondered if I wasn't nervous, because I taught it easily. Then I explained that, of course, I was worried more before the first one, and now the second was going more easily. And you know my mother and aunt are teachers and also my grandmother, grandfather was teachers. And even during physiotherapist studies, if not teach 1X1, ABC, I would teach them how to use their bodies as healthier ...






FEX: With Adrian at Plaza de Las Pasiegas. Well, this little balerina shoes is not my foot...

Robert Gordon's College
Concert: 66 Festival de Granada

In the evening I joined Mihi and Didi on the roof with a slieced of pizza. We  talked a little, and then we went to sleep.



Miércoles:

Since not all of the people of the Spanish group could come to the first Hungarian lesson, took a video with Didi about the ABC and the other important terms. We had a lot of fun. We enjoyed it a lot.



FEX: Auditorio Fundación Caja Rural. Selección de alumnos premiados Conservatorio Profesional de Música.
  I was a little bit tired, so to start the night it was a little bit hard but after I felt very good. I was with Amalia. While we were waiting outside, before the audience came we talked to our coordinators. We also listened the concert. I enjoyed it.
After the concert the weather was cold, so I finally decided do go home by bus. But at the third stop I realized that this is maybe not the perfect bus for me, so I get off and walked home.



Didi and Mihi walked around the city and we met at Paseo de Los Tristes. We had a talk and we ate ice-cream in the night :D The most delicious white-choclate nutella ice-cream.





Jueves:

Festival: Teatro la Isabel Católica: Aire.

Here I was with Santi. The show was for children, but it was exciting for us as well.

Aire



In the evening, we went to New Orleans. Elena came to our house. We made beer and popcorn. We are very happy that Elena will go to Kaposvár for short-term EVS. We are very excited :) We hope she will feel very well and spend her time well. I'm sure this will happen. So we went to the swing party together. It was very good. It seemed as easy as the others are dancing but that is so hard when you really try. We had a good time.


Step by step :D

Didi's new flat-mate :D

On the road...

Home sweet home :)




Viernes:

Second Hungarian class. It was very small: D Didi and Elena came. But we are also trying to make videos about this lesson.



Festival: I went again to Generalife in the evening. That evening I was with Carmen. The audience came to see the National Ballet. I really liked the performance, and I was really lucky to see this show. It was so cold that night. Marisa said earlier to us that we can bring a a small cardigan while we were watching the show, but somehow the next days I thought the weather will be not so cold. Well, it was cold.

Pictures from this event
The performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz44HUW-TCs
The performance from this festival







Sábado:

In the morning we went to Eco Mercado. Fresh vegetables, fruits ...  we would buy everything. Finally we bought pan de aceite, beets and tomatoes. In September we will definitely visit here again.(It didn't happened, because we had an other activity :D But maybe in October, we will see :))







FEX: In the evening I went to Teatro Alhambra. Discovering the streets of the city again. Jóvenes- en-Danza. Regnum (Reino) and Andanaz. I was with Antonio. We talked well. It was a fantastic evening again. The show was also at 8:00 and 10:00, so after the audience took seats, both of us went to see the amazing dance performance of young people.

Two Records from Last Year's FEX: Conservatorio Profesional de Danza - Reina Sofía - de Granada
Flamenco
Equilibrios Contrarios
Part of the performance from this year

On the way home, instead of a kebab, dinner was falafel: D



Domingo:

Writing to the blog and in the evening Palacio de Caros V.

That night: London Symphony Orchestra

66 Festival de Granada:London Symphony Orchestra
London Symphony Orchestra-Carlos V -Sir Simon Rattle



With Sir Simon Rattle



All in all, I can say that I met wonderful people every day who got to know me day per day, presented to others, talked to me, helped me with my problems in the language. I could meet with a lot of people who came to see the performances, talk to them, give information. Smile, smile, smile... It was very funny when it came out how my name should be pronounced and where I am from. I'm incredibly grateful to have been part of this festival. I will never forget these experiences. I got a lot of love and wonderful moments, even it wasn't every day easy ... (At Generalifen and Palacio Carlos V. the concerts begin at 11 pm and by the time I arrived at home it was at night,around 1 o'clock or more.)
I was just scared at the beginning. I think I have left my comfort zone again and again I have gone a great step forward ... and that will continue in the future.

I am thankful for the pictures :) Thanks volunteer-mates. :))

And if there is a music and dance festival, here some of my favorites from the Somogy Dance Ensemble, where I am dancing in Hungary: With the links you can find our performances on youtube.




















2016: Denmark: International folk dance festival


 Backstage: Ready for competition :D

2015: Zaragoza: International folk dance festival

Easter in Szenna

Almost every year since 2010 we have a chance to participate in some play in Csiky Gergely Theatre in Kaposvár as walk-on (figurant/figurante)

'Dance House' : In every months we organize this event in Kaposvár. Here everybody can learn dance and practice. Enjoy dancing and have fun :D

65 years old Somogy Dance Ensemble celebration
With my parents and my sisters :)



Some more interesting pictures

More fotos from Máté Koch - also about Somogy Dance Ensemble

Somogy Dance Ensemble facebook page

















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario