Follow Us

viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2017

One month in Íllora - First part: Intercambios Juveniles: The challenge




I think it would be impossible to describe every moment (and here every moment was important) that happened in in July. It wouldn't be impossible, but maybe it's simpler and more spectacular if I put some pictures with short describes to tell you how much fun, friendship, knowledge, and much more happened in July.

3rd of July: From school to hostel  - Preparation for the first youth exchange:

The teacher's blood 
Our summer youth exchanges were organized at the School of Íllora. After the rooms had been furnished and the participants arrived, they took possession of the rooms, the feeling was like be part of a camp. :D It was very interesting.


What we didn't find during packing


There was everything here: bed, fan fitting together, maybe even at midnight, dish washing, shower curtain fitting, room rearrangement ... I have never put any sheets in my life as that time: D


One of 8 rooms :)

Meeting in the semi-finished office with Sarah, Dani and Didi. The best team :)

 We had a very nice welcome at the house of Dani's parents. Super Spanish lunch and dinner. From the pool there is a wonderful view. After all the day's work, this little siesta was good. Afterwards, we continued to work in the night also. We knew in advance that this period would be too busy and we got used to the late bed :)



4th of July: The group is coming

The team arrived: Young people from Romania, Macedonia and Spain


The bath room was in a different building in the sports hall, so we shared again with Sarah and Didi during the week when we need to go with the team to open and close the door. Fortunately, things went smoothly. 
Of course, I did not stay without a selfie during waiting: D
I really didn't know what was waiting for me.(Of course I knew my task etc, but...) Before the team arrived, I was so excited and scared, how could this week go. I hoped I can do my work well... Will I be enough and other thoughts in my mind. But when the team arrived there was a special feeling that this week would really good, so the fears started to subside ... Of course, it was still there: I have to talk front of people,maybe I have to coordinate them etc... During the week I managed to develop them fantastically, and after the second youth exchange, these kinds of tasks have become less and less difficult. (During the workcamp and the festival the busy moments and that I was tired made it a little bit  more difficult, but it was  an another kind of challenge. But then we managed it of course. - About the workcamp and the festival I will write an other text :) )


Team-building from the first moment :)
And on the fourth day I finally realized (the last one ...: D), 'how to draw a perfect moon'

We started playing games with the first night. I don't intend to describe them all here, but the pictures here and on the facebook page, along with the videos, may show a little more. My favorite is with the 'clock'. Everyone gets a drawn clock. Each hour, we we fix an appointment with different people about meeting and write each other's name for that hour. If we have a meeting for every hour, the game starts. 'The bells chime' and we meet with our partner at that hour. Talking about a central topic that is about 1 minute. For example: family, hobby, time travel, how old would we go back, weird habits, etc. It's funny how we look at each other, because we have not even know the names, so we get to know it very slowly. Know more each other step by step.


5th of July: Get to know each other day


I do not know how much they enjoyed washing- up or this smile is just for the picture. 
Although lunch was delivered to the school, teams were established for lay the tables, breakfast, dinner preparation / packing, and we coordinated/helped the group's work with Didi, Sara.


Perfect team


About Youthpass

As in Alhama's training, when we were not preparing for coffee breaks or other tasks, we also participated in various daily programs. Of course, make picture and video couldn't be left.


Brainstorming: Working rules and how to live together in peace and love :D

Share ideas, rules and write it down on a paper. We signed it also.

Among other things, rules like bora-bora (if you speak in your own language with a partner and a foreigner want to join the conversation and it isn't about a private topic, you need to switch to the common language: in this case English / Spanish and continue conversation), phone use is restricted to making photos, videos during the programs, when someone is speaking listening with respect and add comment after.

We decided to use the media to promote the program and specifically to promote this YE (youth exchange). (Facebook, Instagram, making small messages with little candies that one team started to distribute on the challenge day in the city)

As a rule in the youth exchange organized by the us, there is no alcohol drinking. This has a very strong advantage. A real team can be organize and work together every day. Finally,  the agreement was that during the intercultural evening the typical alcohols can be tasted.


Mangera party: D It is indispensable to hack the unbearable heat. Or even in the evenings, the lazy-team preferred just take a mangera-shower party.

The first night ended with some dynamic games



6th of July: The real challenge

The name of the first youth exchange in July is a reflection of the theme ... The challenge. What kind of documents are needed for moving abroad, for work, and what difficulties people faces in longer, shorter journeys. So on that day wen't out, discovered Íllora's streets and did various tasks.

Group Corazón  :D


Ayuntamiento de Íllora


Information in Spanish
 

Then what to write now and where?


Is everything perfect? :D


Centro de Salud


Waiting...


:D


Who will be our doctor?!


Direction


On the way to go to buy olive fruit :)


Well done :D


Feed-back meeting, they way how to work really together :)

    Of course, day's evaluation is part of the program every day. So we wrote down the best and worst moment of the day in small groups and shared them, and we answered the question of what would make the day even better also. Every day, we reflected on our own work, group work and time spent together with various interesting reflection tasks each day. For example we wrote WhatsApp messages to our dear friend, or our 5 fingers modeled the best of the day, something we wanted to point out, something we did not really like, something that emotionally touched us and something little from that day.

    Here connected the best and most touching thing. There somehow I was really grateful again and I was very happy that I could tell this to Dani and to share it with everybody. Already in the middle of the week, I felt again how much luck I have to participate in this project and that I can develop my skills. Being a member of such a super team, where I / we have task. Where I face challenges, but I feel that they trust me and entrust me whit those tasks because they now that I can do it even in the beginning I think I am not able to do. And of course I just need to start and everything is going well and I learned so much from the situations. But also I can say my opinion and they listen, listen and if it is needed and possible we change and find the middle way. I really felt from day to day that I was able to integrate into the team but the work part also went well. One year ago I had no idea what I want to do and even in January I was doubtful about what would happen in the coming months so that I was passivated (on the University) and something just had to happen ... Well, the best thing I did was to wait, apply for this project and come here . It's really hard to put words into what we experienced in a few weeks. The way we developed from minute to minute, by doing our tasks. Learning by doing. NON-FORMAL LEARNING, key competences, social competences, above all... I do not forget the tiredness  (Dani has always said that hohooo is still at the beginning of summer and he was actually right ... there was no tiredness: D), but somehow the power of the team and my motivation always helped to keep doing everything well... New friendships, conversations, laughter, funny evenings. When you realize again that we can live away from each other and in spite of the differences, we have so many common problems, opinions, interest ... I couldn't be grateful enough to participate and that time we had just the first YE and we waited for the second YE, the workcamp and the folk festival...
Of course I can not even emphasize the help of Compass. Because I came here with that organization  and I know I can always go to them for help. But fortunately everything works well and if we have any problems we can share it with our hosting organization team and also I am really happy to work with Didi and share all of our experiences. Last but not least I am grateful for my lovely mentor, Elena and the other volunteers from Maracena with whom we spend as much time we could together. (This time when I am writing this report Harri and Nico are already at home, but Tilda is still here and I am so happy to speak sometimes with she in Hungarian and also just share nice evenings and conversation) :)


    So every day I liked these different method. What followed us for a whole week was a 0-10 scale, where we could set goals at the beginning of the week and move the slip of papers during the week to see how many steps we were doing towards that goal. I remember more for my goals for the second YE: for example, to learn a few words in a foreign language, not eat so much sweet stuffs: DD hahaa, dare to say my opinion, to carry out my tasks well but if we have time to participate in the activities during the day be active. And you can see miraculously, this little simple paper movement has helped to be more motivated.



Besa is making the coffee for the Macedonian evening





Party :D




7th of July: One day in Granada

    It would have been a challenge part of the program, and it was partially completed that the team had to plan how to travel to Granada and then to El Padul where we would have spent one night. However, on the first day of the program, it was revealed that, due to the mistake of the Romanian organization, the Romanian team would come to another YE in Granada, not in Íllora. So the team decided to change the program a bit, so the group spent a whole day in Granada, and they were staying in a hostel at night. In the city, of course, it was tasks: to visit various places, to answer questions, to make selfies. Of course sightseeing couldn't be missed.


Fiesta de la Mezquita

As long as they were doing their tasks I went home ... After a little home-breathing we went to the Mosque,  reunited with the team again. I also met with Nada there :) The mood was wonderful. Then we split up and met again in the evening. A part of the team had a dinner together, then the others joined and shared a refreshment in one of the bars.

This break was vitalizing in Granada. I felt really at home. It gave me a lot of energy for the following days.



8th of July Back to Íllora

Energizer couldn't be missed to start the afternoon


    How is that boat building ?! In this task, we divided the participants into two teams. Both groups represented the inhabitants of a fictional country. For example, A team's culture was that members can only work alone, they don't like to touch them, when they hear whistling stand up and roll over three times ... The B team, for example, can only talk if they touch an other member, they only communicate in singing... The two teams start their task separately from each other. Boat building. Both teams have a captain. They meet and decide on the ship building process. During the process,  from one of the other cultures comes to the other group a visitor and later a worker. Of course, the rules do not change for the two cultures. At first I did not even understand what it going on, I didn't participated in, because I made videos. And then everything became pretty clear. From the two cultures how they meet, get to know each other, working together. Or just how not. In the time when we are working under pressure sometimes we are not paying attention to the others, the differences. It was very interesting and funny at the same time. It may not be as clear as I've written, but I'll put later my facebook album where videos can be found about this activity. :)



Worker from the other country
Not easy to communicate

Last minutes

Ready


Day evaluation :)

Board games funny night


9th of July: 

Start at the morning


Erasmus+
Dani's creative presentation
At the part of EVS we were also speaking about the projects

Share: How we did the paper administration when we came to Granada
Speak about our experiences



My best, which was so exhausting but really interesting

Everyone got a piece of paper with name, age, and profession. The team had to decide who will be  one of the nine people who can survive a war in a  bunker. Well, I don't need to say what a turmoil was in the first round. What has been played there you really has to experience because it can not be written : D It was an emotionally challenge... Finally, we selected 9 people. The picture below shows the first choice in writing. Everyone was talking about that during the break and after it we continued. Everyone then got more information about him/herself and finally we decided that everyone would have a short talk about why he/she should be chosen. I was a 23-year-old woman, dancing with my profession. In the first round, we didn't chose me but in the second round when it turned out that I am a positive person with ethical values, I got it. And there were those who were initially elected but late, we decided not choose them because of the other attributes. The picture below shows the final decision in the second column below the first. You can see how we changed our opinion. It was a very interesting 'game' for me. We were very tired at the end.


Socials skills meaning a lot!!!! :) 



 Youthpass challenge :)


Community event: Yoga with Adriana

Create something new: Umbrella for the phone to make good pictures if the sun is shining :D


Intercultural evening: Romania
With Adriana
Amazing girl. I learned a lot from her.
We motivated her to apply for EVS in Germany. She got it and started her project in the beginning of September :)


Dance, dance and more dance


10 of July: Challenge: Second round


Start at the bank

How much is the contact lens solution?!

Well done

Where is the post office ???
The previous day we wrote a letter for ourselves and then we had to send the next day. 



Adriana's Workshop about Public Speaking.
It was very interesting. We heard and tried many useful tips.
Interesting professions were written on a slices of papers and we chose one of them. I found myself as a pet food taster. All professions were real, we could find them on the Internet to know more what it is about. We had 1 minute to present ourselves and persuade the audience to choose us as a new employee for a company etc. ... The group could only give positive feedback and the person how talked could only say in reply  'thank you'. Then we made a  common evaluation about what are the general mistakes we have made in public speaking and how we can do it better. It was a very cool workshop :)


Preparation for the Spanish evening


gazpacho, tortilla de patata, crocettas, queso, jamón, aceitunas, and of course pan

Flag :D

Dance, dance
Sensational evening, when we found inspiration from Dirty Dancing music with Pajtim! :D
With this link you can see the video :)



11th of July: The last day

Project planets

Future project
Three of us worked on the topic of environmental protection and we have been thinking about this topic like a  youth exchange

Youthpass session in the info point of Íllora

Final evaluation with Dixit cards

This was my choice for the week. I do not think I need to explain why. The picture speaks for itself :)


Last night
Karaoke
Of course, the common basketball playing, a great conversation with Lavina, with whom I haven't talked a lot during the week, will remain unforgettable ...



I can not be enough thankful for the team, for myself to spend together that week with so much fun and improvement...: D It was fantastic with every aspect and every difficulty. This team will always miss ... Love, joy, happiness, stress, calmness ... that we have shared with each other will never be forgotten. Everyone we meet we receive and give. Up to 1 word or 100 or actually sometimes we do not have to speak. And fortunately we are  living so close to each other so the visit may not be so cumbersome. It just depends on us.
  I have written almost everything before, so I do not want to repeat myself, just say,

WITH ALL MY SOUL: MUCHAS GRACIAS !!!





 














































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario